The International School of Lyon is a value-driven school: everything we do is linked to our Vision, Mission and Values as laid out below. We look forward to discussing them – and how we strive to achieve them on a daily basis – with you soon.
‘BUILDING OUR BEST SELVES!’
To develop curious, responsible and independent lifelong learners who actively help to shape their diverse communities.
ISL Values and Guiding Principles:
- Providing a safe, supportive and nurturing environment
- Emphasising the values of respect, integrity and compassion
- Encouraging high expectations through individual and collective goal setting
- Developing independent, creative and critical thinkers who communicate effectively in more than one language
- Implementing internationally recognised and transferable English medium curricula which prepare students for higher education world wide
- Using a wide range of proven teaching and learning strategies
- Fostering active involvement in local, host country and international communities
- Working collaboratively with parents, families and other partners
- Promoting global awareness and the need to protect our planet
- Encouraging a balanced and healthy lifestyle